Wyrd Words & Effigies is accepting submissions of short stories, poetry and creative non-fiction themed on the strange and the shadowy, the damned and unseen.
If your work unnerves me to the point that I can’t sleep, and is accepted for publication, it will be published on the blog, and may be published in a Wyrd Words & Effigies anthology in the near future.
There is currently no payment for publication on the blog, but your work will reach the eyes of around 5,000 readers per month (and growing).
• Non-Fiction 3,000 words – max
• Fiction 3,000 words – max
• Poetry 40 lines – max
• Submit all work using Microsoft Word. Please do not paste work into the content of an email.
• Please type Wyrd Words Submission and your name in the subject line of your email.
• There is no limit on how many pieces you can submit…just don’t go mental.
• Please attach a short bio to your email – max 150 words. If your work is accepted for publication, your bio will be published alongside, so it’s worth spending a bit of time on it. Don’t forget to include links to your blog and/or website.
Please send all submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I will contact you within a week to let you know about the publication status of your submission. If you haven’t heard back from me within two weeks, please feel free to send a friendly email and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Please do not take it personally if your work is not accepted for publication. As you will see when browsing the blog WW&E has quite a specific focus and feel to it.
If you are stumped for what to submit, I strongly suggest you download the first issue of WW&E Magazine where you will find plenty of creative writing to mull over. Also, don’t forget to have a browse of the blog to really get a feel of the sorts of things I take strange delight in. With over 1,000 individual posts there’s sure to be something to inspire.
I’ll look forward to receiving your writing.